Easy Vegan Nacho Cheeze/Queso (GF)
Easy Vegan Nacho Cheese/Queso
This is one of my favorite things I have veganized! Nachos are my favorite thing to eat and they need some type of cheesy goodness, right? I don't really enjoy store bought vegan cheeses. So, this recipe doesn't call for any. This nacho cheeze/queso is the shit, and I keep coming up with other things to put it on!
Makes: 1 Cup
- 2 Tbsp oil or vegan butter
- 2 Tbsp flour (GF flour works just as well)
- 1 cup almond milk
- A few slices of jarred jalapeños
- 1 Tbsp jalapeño brine (the liquid the jalapeños hang out in), plus more to taste
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- A dash of cumin
- Salt to taste
- A dash of turmeric powder (optional for color)
- Heat the oil or butter in a pot.
- Add the flour and whisk, or use a fork to stir for a minute or two.
- Slowly pour in the almond milk and whisk continuously until smooth.
- When it's smooth and starts to thicken add the jalapeños, jalapeño brine, nutritional yeast, cumin and turmeric (if using).
- Cook on low heat for a couple of minutes so the flavors combine.
- Turn off the heat and serve immediately or leave on super low heat and stir often. I have refrigerated the left overs and re-heated in a pot while thinning out with almond milk.