Buffalo Cauliflower (GF)
Yes, we love all things buffalo! This is a vegan, gluten free take on hot wings. I've made this with regular flour as well, but I prefer the gluten free version.
Makes: Serves 4
- 1 medium head of cauliflower cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour (can be substituted with regular flour for a non-GF version)
- 1/4 cup almond flour (I use super fine made with blanched almonds)
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 3/4 tsp salt (divided)
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8-1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter
- 2 Tbsp Hot Sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl blend the flours, 1/4 tsp of salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and almond milk.
- Sprinkle the cauliflower with 1/2 tsp salt, then add the cauliflower to the bowl with the batter. Mix so all the pieces of cauliflower are evenly coated.
- Place in the oven. After 10-15 minutes try to flip the cauliflower so both sides will brown. After 5-10 more minutes it will be done.
- While the cauliflower is in the oven, melt the butter in a small pot.
- Once melted add the hot sauce and stir. Turn off the heat.
- The cauliflower will be soft (poke it with a fork to check) and it should look crisp and lightly browned. Watch it closely as almond flour can go from brown to burnt quickly.
- When the cauliflower is done, pour the hot sauce mixture on top and mix around to lightly coat.
- Serve with Smokey Sauce (see our Buffalo Chickpea recipe) or dressing of your choice. Enjoy!