Cheezy Sauce (GF)
Cheezy Recipe (GF)
I wanted to make a version of pasta and cheese that was creamy and did not use vegan "cheese". After browsing recipes for inspiration and playing with ingredients this is the final product. Use it how you wish. I mix mine with lots of veggies and a good gluten free pasta. This recipe will make enough for about a pound of pasta.
Caution: Being a huge fan of when Black Twitter roasts anything, for safety's sake, avoid using macaroni or calling it "Mac and Cheese" LOL.
Makes: 2 Cups
- Add the potatoes, carrots, onions and cashews to a pot; cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Boil the veggies and cashews until they are super soft, around 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare your pasta, veggies or whatever else you're putting the sauce on.
- When the veggies are soft, drain the water and put them in a blender.
- Add the vegan butter, salt, dry mustard, pepper, paprika, nutritional yeast and blend until smooth. It's thick, so you may need to turn the blender off and push the veggies down so they blend well.
- If you want your sauce thinner add a bit of non-dairy milk to the desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Now it's ready to serve!