The kids love this meal, ask for seconds, don't complain and it tastes good. Combine veggies of your choice with the tofu and sauce, then serve over rice.
- 1 pack of extra firm tofu drained, pressed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup Bragg's liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp sugar (brown is better for this if you have it)
- 2 Tbsp agave syrup (you can sub with sugar if you don't have agave)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 4 tsp water
- 2 cups veggies (I use any combination of broccoli, spinach, onions and peppers)
- 2 Tbsp of oil (half for the tofu and half to sauté the veggies)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°.
- Drain, press and cut the tofu into bite sized pieces.
- Toss the tofu with oil and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut your veggies, add oil to a pan, and sauté and season them with salt and pepper.
- Once done, add the tofu to the veggies.
- While the veggies and tofu cook, add the Bragg’s or soy sauce, water, sugar, agave syrup, garlic, ginger and pepper in a small pot and heat on medium low until it starts to simmer.
- Turn to low and simmer for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the cornstarch with water and add to the Bragg’s mixture, heat on low and stir until it thickens.
- Once the sauce thickens, pour over the veggies and tofu.