Do you want something like scrambled eggs that has the same consistency, but tastes better. Tofu Scramble is good for breakfast, in breakfast sandwiches, or whatever you used to do with scrambled eggs.
- 2 packages of organic tofu
- 1 small bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen spinach
- Oil (mild such as grape seed oil)
- Salt to taste (start with 1/2 tsp on the tofu and 1/4 tsp on the veggies, but add more if needed)
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (use 1/4 tsp on the tofu and 1/4 tsp on the veggies)
- A sprinkle of chipotle chili powder (If you have it on hand)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400.
- Drain the tofu. Here is how.. Get a plate put a paper towel on the plate, drain the water off the tofu, put the tofu on the paper towel on the plate, put a paper towel on top of the tofu and put a heavy pan or pot on top to squeeze the water from the tofu.
- In the meantime, chop your veggies.
- Discard the paper towels and water from the tofu and crumble.
- Season with smoked paprika, pepper, chipotle chili powder and salt.
- Add a teaspoon or so of oil and mix.
- Now put it on the pan.. if you want your life to be easier use parchment paper.
- Put it in the oven 10 - 15 minutes until the edges crisp.. trust me, cooking the tofu in the oven first adds flavor and texture.
- While the tofu bakes, sauté the peppers and onion. When they start to soften, add the spinach and season just like you did with the tofu.
- When the veggies are cooked and the tofu is done, combine. Serve with salsa or pico de gallo.