The first time I made chickpea salad I couldn't believe how much it tasted like chicken and tuna salad. Put a scoop of this on your salad, wrap it in a tortilla with veggies, or put it in a sandwich. This is the perfect recipe when you need something quick and easy.
- 1 can of chickpea drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 - 3 Tbsp vegan mayo
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp finely diced pickle
- 1Tbsp finely diced onion
- 1 Tbsp finely diced bell pepper (optional)
- * For "tuna" salad finely cut a small sheet of dried seaweed with kitchen shears (scissors) and mix in.
- Combine chickpeas, lemon juice, mayo, black pepper, and smoked paprika in a bowl.
- Use a potato masher or fork to mash the ingredients together. The chickpeas should be broken down into small pieces, but it should still be chunky. If it seems too dry, add more mayo.
- Mix in the diced pickles, onions, and seaweed if using.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.