This smoky tofu is bacon-ish all while being tofu-ish. Make sense? Make TLT (tofu, lettuce and tomato) sandwiches or serve it with rice and veggies.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚
- Drain and press tofu. Slice into 1/4 inch slices.
- Combine the liquid aminos, liquid smoke, nutritional yeast, maple syrup, and oil.
- Cover each side of the tofu with the liquid aminos marinade. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Use a paper towel to remove the excess marinade from the tofu.
- Place the tofu on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. A greased glass pan would work as well.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes. The longer you bake the tofu the more firm it will become.